Updated: May 10, 2020
Mr. Whitey is wholesome, filling, full of flavours and 100% cruelty free. Allow him to bright up your day! :)
I am sure you're gonna love this recipe!
400 g of precooked and drained cannelini, white beans
1 small onion
1 clove garlic
fresh parsley (as much as you like, I used around 10 leaves)
2 full tablespoons of small oat flakes
1 full tablespoon of flax seed flour
2 burger buns
- salt, cayenne pepper, turmeric, thyme
For the sauce:
a half of diced jalapeno pepper
3-4 tablespoons of vegan mayo
- a pinch of salt and garlic granules, green pepper, few dill seeds
one fresh cucumber
a handful of baby spinach leaves
alfa- alfa sprouts
· Mince onion, garlic and parsley.
· Heat one tablespoon of vegetable oil in a pan.
· Add the onion and sautee on a medium- high heat until it turns yellow and season it with a pinch of salt.
· Then stir in garlic and parsley and saute on low heat until the garlic is fragrant.
· Combine sauteed allium veggies with beans in a bowl and mix them well with a hand blender until you get a smooth consistency.
· When you are done with blending, stir in flax seed flour and oat flakes.
· Enrich this wonderful mixture with a pinch of salt, ½ teaspoon of turmeric, 1/3 teaspoon of cayenne pepper, ¼ teaspoon of thyme.
· Let the mixture rest for around 20 minutes, or until you prepare the sauce and cut the rest of the veggies.
· Slice the tomato and cucumber.
· Prepare sauce by combining all ingredients in a small bowl.
· If you want your buns to be warm and crispy, put them in the warm oven for a few minutes, until you get your patties done.
· With a slightly wet hands, form 4 patties from the mixture. For preventing patties from falling apart, make sure that they are around 1 inch thick. They are good as they are and can be eaten immediately, but you want to put them in a pan for few minutes to make their taste even better.
· Put patties in a hot pan, greased with a few drops of oil and fry each side for 1-2 minutes. You don't want to soak them in oil, use a small amount of oil just to prevent burning.
· Make a wonderful veggie burger! Cover one side of the bun with the sauce before adding baby spinach, pattie, tomato and cucumber slices. Top with alfa alfa sprouts and fold.
· Be proud of yourself! You prepared an amazing, plant based burger and did not participate in any form of cruelty.